Can I Solder This?
How often do you wonder whether you can solder a particular metal? Let me help you out. Here’s a handy chart:
Why can’t you solder those metals?
- Aluminum – Requires specialized equipment, solder, and skill
- Black Iron – Requires specialized flux and technique. The resulting joint will not match the original metal
- Enamel Coated Copper – Soldering will destroy the enamel coating leaving the wire thinner and colorless
- Niobium – Because it’s a reactive metal
- Non-tarnish (Anything) – Soldering will destroy the non-tarnish coating
- Plated Metals – Will destroy the plating
- Titanium – Because it’s a reactive metal
Check out my solder and kits here!